Monday, July 27, 2009

Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone

The video for Kelly Clarkson's 3rd singer off her album "All I Ever Wanted" has been leaked to the internet, and already is surrounded by controversy.

The director of the video Joseph Kahn tweeted saying "No director's cut. That meatloaf is already cooked, and my hand hurts from everyone slapping my spices away. As they say, walk away."

Which is to say, that perhaps he is not happy with the video, or the fact that it was leaked to the internet.

Kelly Clarkson is also on record saying:

“Ryan and I met each other at the record label, before he was working with anyone else,” Clarkson begins, gritting her teeth. “He’s from Oklahoma, I’m from Texas; we got along really well and had some of the same influences. We wrote about six songs together, four or five of them made the album. It was all fine and dandy. I’d never heard of a song called Halo. Her album came out when my album was already being printed. No-one’s gonna be sittin’ at home, thinking ‘Man, Ryan Tedder gave Beyonce and Kelly the same track to write to.’ No, they’re just gonna be saying I ripped someone off. I called Ryan and said, ‘I don’t understand. Why would you do that?’”
The palpably frustrated Clarkson claims she “fought and fought” to try and prevent her label from releasing Already Gone as her third single, out of respect for Beyonce.
“In the end, they’re releasing it without my consent,” she sighs. “It sucks, but it’s one of those things I have no control over. I already made my album. At this point, the record company can do whatever they want with it. It’s kind of a shitty situation, but.… You know, you learn.”

What do you think? Watch the video for Already Gone below:



And Compare to Halo by Beyonce: