Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Idol of the week for 1/3 to 1/9 - Anoop Desai

Every week in 2010 I will feature one contestant to highlight their work and why I love them so much. With 9 seasons, I can't feature everyone so don't be upset if I can't feature your favorite Idol!

This week's Idol is...

ANOOP DESAI!


Anoop Desai placed 6th on the 8th season of American Idol. The 23 year old hailing from Chapel Hill, North Carolina is a graduate of University of North Carolina, and was a lead soloist in the a capella group "The Clef Hangers"



During his time on American Idol, he was eliminated, then bought back as a surprise 13th finalist during the wild card round. His strongest performance (in my opinion) was Always On My Mind.



Even with a seemingly strong fanbase and generally solid performances, he still only manged 6th place. He returned at the end of the Season to sing I'm Yours with Jason Mraz and fellow finalist Alexis Grace.



After the show came to a close, the idols took off on a nationwide tour, where Anoop shined singing "Mad"



After the tour ended, Anoop set off to work on his solo career. He has been singing original songs at his post-idol appearances. One of which is the excellent L.U.V.R.



Look for L.U.V.R. on his new album to be released in April!

I hope you enjoy this new feature, and I look forward to doing more of them. Post your Anoop stories and opinions in the comments here or on Twitter.