Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blake Lewis as Kasuka Heiwajima from Durarara!!


Via Blake Lewis Army:


Aniplex of America Inc. announced today that “American Idol” Season 6 finalist Blake Lewis has been cast in the company‟s English language production of the highly popular anime series, Durarara!! The fan-favorite vocalist will perform the voiceover of the character Kasuka Heiwajima (a movie idol and the younger brother of Shizuo Heiwajima, one of the primary characters on the show) in the forthcoming Durarara!! Episode 25.
As viewers of “American Idol” Season 6 came to discover, the free-spirited and musically-gifted Lewis marches to the beatbox of a different drummer and this latest project reflects his diverse talents. “I‟m excited to be a part of the world of anime, I‟m a huge fan and I‟ve been watching it for over a decade,” says Lewis. “I loved working on
Durarara!!! I love digging into a character and having fun with it. My character „Kasuka‟ was an upbeat news reporter and since I‟m familiar with being in front of cameras, I felt like I could relate to him and put a lot of myself in him.”