Monday, September 26, 2011

The Sing Off Season 3 Episode 2 - Spoilers

Here are all of the spoilers for tonight's episode of The Sing Off!

The Sing-Off Contestants - Sing - Sounds like they stuffed the first episode with all the good groups. This is a trainwreck.

Dartmouth Aires - Higher Ground - There are way too many people in this group. It just doesn't work for me. Soloist was just okay too.

Pentatonix - E.T. - Pentatonix sounded pretty good doing Ke$ha's Blow in the preview video. I wish they were doing that instead. I love Pentatonix. I could listen to a whole album of this stuff. It really is a shame that this kind of group never wins. Probably my favorite performance of all 3 seasons.

Messiah's Men - People Get Ready - They have a good message, but it's just not my kind of thing.

Sonos - Wicked Game - Sonos is using effects pedals? Is that allowed? oh.. nevermind, they're not using them on the show. I didn't like the gum chewing effect at the begining of Sonos' song. But this is a cool arrangement and I like the soloist's voice.

FIRST HOUR RESULTS:  First 2 safe: Dartmouth Aires and Pentatonix. Sonos is safe, Messiah's Men goes home.

The Collective - Rolling In The Deep - Obviously no on can ever sing this song like Adele, but The Collective is doing Rolling In The Deep pretty well. I take that back now that I heard the chorus. The whole thing just fell apart.

Soul'd Out - Let The Sunshine In - Soul'd Out is a decent group, but I really can't see them being any more exciting than this song, which is not very exciting at all.

North Shore - Runaround Sue - "This is our worst year yet" - North Shore on The Sing Off. I support North Shore because they are from Boston and they actually did a pretty good job, plus I like this song.

University of Delaware Deltones - Feels Like Home. Nice voice on the soloist, but she sounded nervous. Didn't feel like a GROUP, she stole the performance.

SECOND HOUR RESULTS:  First 2 safe: North Shore and The Collective. The Deltones are safe, Soul'd out is going home.

Next week: Last week's 6 surviving groups perform 2 songs each. Including Ke$ha, Coldplay, Lady Gaga. Theme: Top 40 and the 1960s.