Friday, March 12, 2010

My opinions on the top 12


The semifinals came and went, and now we're stuck with a mediocre (at best) Top 12. Sure there are a few AMAZING singers in this bunch. But over the last three weeks, I think 5 people got sent home that deserve a spot in the top 12, 4 of them being the 4 people cut last night. In a perfect world the top 12 would look something like this:


Someone once told me that you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. And I AM TRYING. What I need are good singers in the top 12. And it seems almost everyone I talk to on twitter feels the same way! I do have HIGH HOPES for some of this year's top 12. I LOVE Crystal, Didi, Michael and Siobhan. But the rest of them are just EH performers, nothing special. Last year the top 13 was STUFFED full of AMAZING PERFORMERS. Say what you want about Danny Gokey and even Michael Sarver, but they could sing circles around this year's batch of guys and not even break a sweat. There's not a Kris, Adam or Allison in the bunch.

But, I love American Idol and will continue to watch. The summer tour is another story.