Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Voice Episode 7 - Spoilers and Live Blog



The Voice battle rounds are over, and tonight is the first live show of the season. 8 of the 16 singers will face off live!


The judges are singing a Queen Medley and it's pretty cool! Team Christina and Team Blake will perform, 2 people from each team will go home. Vote online, on the phone and iTunes downloads will also count as a vote.



Raquel Castro - Blow - I thought this was kind of cool. I liked the addition of dancers. Lots of energy on the stage! [DOWNLOAD]

Jared Blake - Use Somebody - I don't really LIKE this song, but it fits Jared's voice. I get a late 90s rock vibe from him, and I like it. [DOWNLOAD]

Beverly McClellan - I Am The Only One - She is great. I wasn't so sure during the auditions, but this was really good. "Beverly, you're so good I shit myself" - Adam Levine
[DOWNLOAD]

Dia Frampton - Heartless - Dia on the piano singing This is a cool chill version of the song. Awesome! [DOWNLOAD]

Christina performs lady marmalade with her team.

Xenia Martinez - Price Tag - I love Xenia but she looks really nervous tonight, and forgot her words a little bit. [DOWNLOAD]

Lily Elise - Big Girls Don't Cry - Lily is the first person of the night that I didn't really like all that much. Every time I think things are turning around and I am starting to like her, she does something weird that turns me off her voice. [DOWNLOAD]

Blake and his team sing This Love which is one of Adam's songs! Adam looks like he liked it!

Patrick Thomas - I Hope You Dance - Not really my style. I didn't really like it. [DOWNLOAD]

Frenchie Davis - When Love Takes Over - I think if Frenchie didn't get DQ'd from American Idol she would have won. Imagine a Frenchie/Ruben finale. [DOWNLOAD]

Next week: Devin Barley, Tori and Taylor Thompson, Nakia, Javier Colon, Casey Weston, Vicci Martinez, Jeff Jenkins, and Curtis Grimes.