Thursday, March 4, 2010

Paul Kim - Season 9 Correspondent - Top 20


Hello again folks,

Well I just got through watching all 4 hours of this week’s AI, and all I gotta say is: Zzzzzzzzzzzzz……

I’m looking for positives in terms of all the performances, but overall it was terrible and difficult to watch.

I just don’t understand what is going on with all the song choices. I also feel like not a single contestant has found their voice yet. As a singer, it takes years to finally find your true voice and sound, but I feel as if Idol chose contestants that are not yet comfortable and confident with their sound. The potential is there with many of them. There are some great voices within the talent pool, but I have yet to see someone who truly stands out among the crowd, and exudes “superstar”.

Well let’s go to the guys:

My favorite performance was from the guy I predicted would go home last week. Michael Lynche was impressive, and he was the least pitchy of the lot.

Gotta say that this Alex Lambert guy is growing on me as well. Reminds me of a poor man’s version of my boy Chris Richardson.

Lee is also starting to carve himself a spot in the top 12, with his rough rocker voice.
Disappointed in the guys I like, such as Andrew Garcia, John Park, and Todrick.

Onto the ladies:

I just don’t see any star vocalists here. Where are the Kelly Clarksons? The Fantasias? The Jordins? There just aren’t any females this year that can completely carry a big song, and give me goosebumps.

There are good voices amongst the girls this year, such as Katie, Katelyn, Paige, and Siobhan, but these girls are still a couple years away from finding their voice, and killing it during a performance.

I’m sorry, I wish I had more positive things to say, but I found it hard to stay awake during this week’s episodes... Just overall terrible.

Predictions:

Tim Urban and Jermaine Sellers are gone… Tim is just awful. Jermaine has amazing range and talent, but he may not be right for a pop infused show like American Idol.

Haeley and Didi were my bottom 2 of the week, although with the girls it could go either way.

Follow us on twitter @Idol360 and @PaulKimMusic

Paul Kim on Paul Kim - Trade It All - Single